Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Far from the madding crowd

In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Well, I Never….”

I know I am using a classic title. It was something though wasn't it? It is a book not needing any introduction. And so is the thing I want to say. When I was a child I was always told what to do, how to do, where to go, where not to go, what is good, what is bad. Some one else wrote my book for so long that I almost forgot what it is like to be the "master of my life".



Don't think of me as someone who is bereaved by all this. I am a blessed child. Lucky in almost all spheres of life. I have most loving and caring parents, parents-in-law, and husband. I have all the luxuries a girl could ask for. I get to travel to exotic destinations, drink finest of wines, eat at the fanciest restaurants in the world and soon I am going to have a cute little bundle of love in my arms to call me mum. All that at a mere age of twenty seven. Yes its almost like being a common man's dream Riahana.

Can you imagine someone in my shoes having something to complain about. Unfortunately that is the sad and true version of this story. We as a human being never think its enough. Like never ever. 

Atleast I am not. I know it for long. I have always known it. Today, when I saw this in the daily post prompt "Well, I never....", it almost felt like a need to fill in the blank.

For me it was, "Well, I am never satisfied".

It does not mean that you stop doing what matters to you. Or stop achieving your goals.

Just don't be in a hurry dear because life as you know it is limited. 

In the end I want you to listen to this song and just don't say "well, I never listen to......"

Cheers!